Using fancy shampoo and deep conditioner can definitely benefit your hair, but it can all go down the drain if you’re using the wrong towel on your hair. Fluffy cotton towels might look soft, but they are actually too rough for your hair and can cause hair breakage. Which is why many hairstylists recommend using microfiber hair towels, that are more delicate and gentle on your hair. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about microfiber hair towels, including our reviews of the top 7 best microfiber hair towels that are available on the market.
- 1 What is a microfiber hair towel?
- 2 Why microfiber towels are better for your hair?
- 3 7 Best Microfiber Hair Towels
- 3.1 Desired Body Microfiber Hair Towel
- 3.2 DuraComfort Essentials Super Absorbent Anti-Frizz Microfiber Hair Towel
- 3.3 Aquis – Original Hair Towel
- 3.4 Evolatree Microfiber Hair Towel Wrap
- 3.5 DevaCurl Deva-Towel Gray Microfiber
- 3.6 Turbie Twist Microfiber Hair Towel Wrap (2 Pack)
- 3.7 Luxe Beauty Essentials Microfiber Hair Towel
- 4 How to use a microfiber hair towel
- 5 How to clean microfiber towel and maintains its effectiveness?
- 6 Final Words
What is a microfiber hair towel?
Microfiber hair towel is a towel made of microfiber material, which is about ⅕ the diameter of human hair. Microfiber hair towels are specially designed to absorb water and they are synthetically made of polyesters, nylon or a combination of both.
Why microfiber towels are better for your hair?
Better water absorber – During the manufacturing process of microfiber hair towels, the fabric is split to produce multi-stranded fibers. The split and the size of the individual strands makes microfiber towels more effective in absorbing excess water and cutting down the drying time of your hair, than other fabrics.
More gentle on the hair – Wet hair is especially fragile and prone to breakage. Regular towels are rough on your wet hair, as they create friction with the wet hair shaft, that causes hair damage. Opposed to microfiber hair towels, that are softer and create less friction on your delicate hair, which makes it less prone to breakage and split ends.
Reduces frizz – Since microfiber hair towels are better water absorbent and create less friction on your hair, they are substantially helpful in reducing frizziness, especially for those with curly or textures hair type.
7 Best Microfiber Hair Towels
By now, you know what are microfiber towels and their benefits. You also know why regular towels can damage your hair, and you realize microfiber hair towel is much better for your hair. So, let’s look at some of the best microfiber hair towels to help you get started
|Desired Body Microfiber Hair Towel||45x25 inches||White, gray and baby pink|
|DuraComfort Essentials Microfiber Hair Towel||41x19 inches or 41x24 inches||White|
|Aquis - Original Hair Towel||39x19 inches||White, black, dark gray, soft pink, sea glass & 3 different patterns|
|Evolatree Microfiber Hair Towel Wrap||26x10 inches||Natural gray and raven|
|DevaCurl Deva-Towel Gray Microfiber||39x20 inches||Gray|
|Turbie Twist Microfiber Hair Towel Wrap (2 Pack)||28x11 inches||Colorful pattern|
|Luxe Beauty Essentials Microfiber Hair Towel||40x20 inches||Gray, pink and purple|
Desired Body microfiber towel is one the largest hair towel on the market. It measures 45×25 inches and can warp even the longest hair, yet it’s compact and light enough to take with you to the gym or travels. The towel is available in 3 different colors: white, grey and baby pink, and it has convenient build-in stretchy tie loop, that allows you to comfortably secure your hair in a turban.
The towel is made of fine waffle weave microfiber material, that is very absorbent, dries quickly, and prevents unwanted frizz. This absorbing towel is not chemically treated and is fragrance-free, meaning it’s hypoallergenic and safe for those with sensitive skin and scalp. It is also antibacterial and odor-free, so it can be used many times before wash.
- Extra large size: 45×25 inches.
- Hypoallergenic, odor-free, antibacterial-like fabric.
- Available in 3 colors.
- Made of fine waffle weave microfiber fabric.
- Includes stretchable tie loop.
- Higher price point.
Made of high quality, lisse crepe microfiber fiber, this DuraComfort hair towel absorbs excess water in half the time than a regular bath towel. It’s soft and gentle, so it can be used both on the skin and on any type of hair without damaging it. The anti-frizz properties of this towel make it especially ideal for those with curly hair.
DuraComfort microfiber hair towel is available in 2 different sizes: 41×19 inches and 41×24 inches, so you can choose the right size for your hairstyle length. The stretchy, flexible seam allows you to easily wrap and place it on your hair, however, some costumers reported it makes it a bit trickier to keep a secure fit. This lightweight towel also comes with a drawstring bag for easy pack and carry during travel.
- Available in 2 different sizes.
- Stretchy, flexible seam for easy placement on any hair size.
- Suitable for home and professional use.
- Can be used on both, hair and skin.
- Affordable price.
- Can be challenging to get a secure fit with it.
Available in 8 different colors and patterns, this hair towel dries your hair ultra fast and in style. Made from uniquely woven Aquitex microfiber, this towel is designed to quickly absorb moisture, evenly dry hair, and dry rapidly between uses. The extra absorbent component cuts drying time by 50% and reduces the need for styling products.
As it features microfiber, it’s also ultra-soft and gentle, even for thinning or delicate hair. It reduces the risk of split ends and frizziness, making the hair look smoother and shinier. Aquis original hair towel is also ultra-lightweight, which makes it convenient for both, warping it around your head, and packing it on holiday.
- Aquitex Microfiber.
- Suitable for thinning and delicate hair.
- 8 options of color and pattern.
- Dries quickly.
- The price might not allure everyone.
- Doesn’t have a loop tie.
Produced by Evolatree, an eco-friendly company, this hair towel is environmentally friendly and free of plastic. Unlike most microfiber fabrics, this hair towel is made of plush soft microfiber fabric, that is even ultra-soft to touch. It’s highly absorbent, gentle on the hair, and effective at reducing frizz. This lightweight hair towel can be easily packed anywhere, yet it’s durable and machine-washable.
This uniquely shaped towel measures 26×10 inches, and it can fit even a long hairstyle. It features a loop and natural wooden button, which allows it to snugly fit on the head. However, some customers reported that the button fell off after only a few uses, which required them to sew the button back in place.
- Unique shape that fits most.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Plastic-free, natural wood button.
- Ultra-soft to touch.
- Available in 2 different colors.
- The button can fall off easily.
Specially designed for naturally curly and wavy hair, the DevaCurl hair towel dries and enhance curls without causing frizz or static hair. It’s made of high-quality microfiber fabric, that dries the hair quickly and thoroughly without damaging it. The unique microfiber fiber is also hypoallergenic, which makes this towel suitable for those with sensitive scalp and skin.
This a light grey color microfiber hair towel last for years, since it made of lint-free and fade-resistant fabric. The attached ribbon loop, allows you to easily hang the towel in your bathroom, but unfortunately, it’s not secure enough and doesn’t last for long.
- Made for curly and wavy hair.
- High quality lint-free and fade-resistant fabric.
- Hanging loop.
- The ribbon loop isn’t secure and get torn easily.
Turbie Twist hair wrap is a specially shaped towel, that allows you to wrap your hair in a turban right after the shower. This highly absorbent, yet lightweight microfiber fabric is designed to mops up water fast and save you blow-drying time. The unique twist and loop system makes it extremely easy to wrap your hair securely and comfortably on your head. Meaning, this hair towel wrap allows you to get other stuff done while your hair dries. This pack of 2 towels is affordable and comes in different colors and fun designs.
The company states that this one size hair towel fits all, yet costumers reported this towel isn’t big enough for thick long hair.
- Pack of 2 hair towel wrap.
- Affordable price.
- Elastic loop.
- Comes in fun colorful patterns.
- Doesn’t fit for long thick hair.
- Not as soft and absorbent as the original Turbie Twist.
Luxe Beauty Essential makes this high-quality hair towel with extra-soft microfiber fabric, that is gentle on the hair and skin. This towel absorbs water extremely quickly, without overly drying out the tresses, leaving your hair hydrated, softer and frizz-free. It’s available in 3 pastel colors: gray, pink and purple, which adds a little style to your bathroom and to your hair drying routine.
The Luxe Beauty Essential hair towel has an attached tie loop and the towel measures 40×20 inches. Most customers reported they were able to comfortably wrap up their hair in a turban with this towel, yet those with longer hair wished this towel was a bit larger in size. Another complain some of the costumers have is that it smells bad after a single-use, so they had to wash the towel more frequently.
- Available in 3 colors: gray, pink and purple.
- Dries hair without overly drying it out.
- Tie loop attached.
- Might not suit those with extra-long hair.
- Needs to be washed after every use otherwise, it will smell bad.
How to use a microfiber hair towel
Using a microfiber hair towel is extremely easy, just like using a regular hair towel
- Flip the towel over your wet hair and twist into a turban.
- Lock position by tucking it into the loop or at the front, back or side (depending on the towel design).
- Wait 20-30 minutes (depending on how dry you want your hair) and continue with your regular hairstyling routine.
How to clean microfiber towel and maintains its effectiveness?
Microfiber material is made of dense, ultra-fine threads that make it so soft. In order to maintain your hair towel effectiveness for longer, it’s important to clean it the right way.
- Hand wash or machine wash in warm water (as stated on the towel’s label).
- Wash microfiber towels separately. Especially don’t mix microfiber load with cotton towels or other fabrics with rouge texture.
- Don’t use fabric softener or bleach as it will clog the fiber and will make it useless.
- Microfiber dries quickly, so it’s better to let air dry. If the label states, you can machine dry, always dry them separately and use a low or no heat setting.
It might seem weird to have a special towel that functions only for your hair, but after switching to microfiber hair towels, you wouldn’t want to go back to your old cotton towels.