Have you ever wondered why you blow-dry your hair but, it just does not come out looking like the curly-haired supermodels on the internet? Well, we have just four words for you- Blow Dryer with Diffuser! For our curly-haired queens, this blow dryer with a diffuser will not only give your hair an edge and that luscious bounce that you crave, but it will also safely and evenly distribute the heat from the blow hair dryer, making sure your curly hair is safe from undue thermal damage.
- 1 What Is a Blow Dryer Diffuser?
- 2 What are The Benefits of Using a Blow Dryer with Diffuser?
- 3 Reviews of The 7 Best Hair Dryers with Diffuser
- 3.1 Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer
- 3.2 Panasonic EH-NA65-K Nanoe Dryer
- 3.3 Nition Negative Ions Ceramic Hair Dryer with Diffuser Attachment
- 3.4 Bellforno Professional Ionic Salon Hair Dryer
- 3.5 Revlon 1875w Natural Texture Diffuser Hair Dryer
- 3.6 Xtava Pro Hair Dryer with Diffuser
- 3.7 Infiniti pro-Ion Choice Hair Dryer by Conair
- 4 What to Look Out for When Buying for a Hair Dryer with A Diffuser?
- 5 How to Use a Hair Dryer with a diffuser?
- 6 What do I need To Know Before Using a Blow Dryer with a Diffuser?
- 7 Final Words
What Is a Blow Dryer Diffuser?
Diffusers are attachments (although some can be built-in) for your blow dryer that disperses the air to reduce frizz and keep from disrupting the natural wave pattern. Instead of spending time straightening your frizzy locks and then re-curling them with either a curling iron or even a hair straightener, all you need is a good diffuser to get the hair of your dreams.
With our help, choosing the right hair dryer with diffuser for your hair would no longer be mere wishes because, after reading this article you’ll be ready for that life-changing purchase.
What are The Benefits of Using a Blow Dryer with Diffuser?
Blow dryer with diffuser is often referred to as God’s gift to the curly-haired. Using a diffuser with your blow dryer helps add volume to your hair making it appear bouncier and fuller. Not only does it add volume, but it also diffuses out the dry hair that hits your hair cuticles, preventing it from frizzing out, thereby maintaining your curls and making it appear luscious.
Curly Hair is more susceptible to heat damage, but using a diffuser with your blow dryer has minimal damaging effects compared to a regular blow dryer. In fact, the risk of it causing thermal damage to your hair is so low that you can even diffuse daily provided the temperature setting is low enough.
Reviews of The 7 Best Hair Dryers with Diffuser
Here are some of our handpicked suggestions for the best hair dryers with diffuser out there:
Model Technology Power Settings Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer Tourmaline Technology 1875 watts 3 heat, 2 speed settings & cool shot Panasonic EH-NA65-K Nanoe Dryer Nanoe Technology 1875 watts 3 heat, 2 speed settings & cool shot Nition Negative Ions Ceramic Hair Dryer with Diffuser Attachment Nano Silver and Tourmaline 1875 watts 3 heat, 2 speed settings & cool shot Bellforno Professional Ionic Salon Hair Dryer Tourmaline Ceramic 2200 watts 3 heat, 2 speed settings & cool shot Revlon 1875w Natural Texture Diffuser Hair Dryer Tourmaline 1875 watts 3 heat, 2 speed settings & cool shot Xtava Pro Hair Dryer with Diffuser Uknown 1875 watts 2 heat/speed settings & cool shot Infiniti pro-Ion Choice Hair Dryer by Conair Ceramic 1875 watts 3 heat, 2 speed settings & cool shot
As curly-haired queens, the Remington D3190A Damage Control Ceramic Hair Dryer is equipped to keep your hair strands safe. Thanks to its micro-conditioners, the D3190 offers up to three times more protection than other Remington dryers. You never have to leave your home with half-dried hair.
This device has negative ions that reduce frizz while its ceramic-coated grill produces infrared heat for fast drying. Its tourmaline technology protects the hair cuticle from over-heating. Its proprietary micro Conditioner Technology and an 1875 Watt for Fast Drying Power including a 3 Heat + 2 Speed Settings + Cool Shot, all work together to give your curls the much-deserved bounce and shine.
Most reviewers found it to be a decent hair dryer although, some complained about the big size of the diffuser head.
- Ideal for long curly hair.
- Easy to clean.
- Micro conditions that protect hair from damage.
- The diffuser has a thin attachment and can easily slide off.
- It might have a propensity towards short-circuiting.
This product comes with an advanced nano ionic hair dryer technology that makes it quick and very easy to blow dry and style your hair. It greatly contributes to minimizing frizz while, strengthening and shielding your hair from the adverse effects of heat.
It has both speed (high and low) and temperature settings (hot, warm, and cool) to accommodate different hairstyles and types. Apart from being one of the best hair dryers with a diffuser in the market, it boasts of other hair styling attachments that would greatly benefit your hair.
Reviewers have found it to be great at hair drying although it has been noted to be bulkier than most.
- It is faster at drying.
- Allows more precision in styling hair.
- It gives the hair more volume and body while eliminating frizz.
- Easy to clean.
- Quite expensive.
- It’s relatively bulky and heavy.
NITION is a lightweight, compact size hair dryer that comes with 3 Attachments (Diffuser, Comb, and Concentrator). It has 3 Heat Settings (Low/Medium/High) and 2 wind speed settings (low/high). It comes with a Cool button that activates once you press it. With the 1875 watt it possesses, it is easy to control the temperature and wind speed to make your favorite hairstyle at the comfort of your home.
It has a ceramic coated air outlet grill that is infused with Nano Silver, argan oil, Tourmaline, which can help make your hair smoother, shiny and healthier. Nano-silver has been credited for being widely used in repairing damaged hair, argan oil can restore the hair moisture and make your hair soft, slick and shiny. It also can prevent split ends, smooth frizz, repair damaged hair follicles, and resistance to ultraviolet light. Tourmaline can emit negative ions and reduce the formation of static electricity. It also can release far infrared and help to evenly distribute to reduce heat damage to hair.
It is very affordable. Most reviewers praised it for its effectiveness in giving bouncier and healthy curls.
- Provides extra heat protection and repairs damaged hair.
- Lightweight and comfortable to use.
- It tackles frizz.
- Comes with 3 attachments.
- 3 heat settings and a cool shot button.
- Sometimes, the attachment may not fit easily.
- Some customers reported it’s not so durable.
This full-size hair dryer with diffuser has an inbuilt negative ionic generator that allows the hair dry faster and reducing frizz. Its tourmaline/ceramic grill helps prevent your hair from overheat and damage.
It has 2 speeds (low/high), 3 heat (low, medium and high) settings, and a cool shot button. Amongst its attachments, includes a diffuser and two concentrator nozzles to precisely meet the demands of all hairstyles either curly or straight, thick or thin.
Most consumers loved its fast drying, it’s versatility and ease of cleaning.
- Ionic generator that helps combat frizz.
- Suits those with thick hair.
- It has a faster rate for drying hair.
- Has 3 heat settings and a cool shot button.
- It’s quite heavy.
- A bit pricy.
The Revlon natural texture diffuser hair dryer is the curl definition solution that has been making waves. It has an inbuilt diffuser that features a balanced airflow which enhances hair texture and would have your curls bouncing with joy.
It has three heat and two-speed settings that provide complete styling, versatility, and control. At 1875 watts, powerful airflow puts the spotlight on a quick-dry, so not only are you able to get a quick-dry but, also spend less time under heat. It also has tourmaline ionic technology which is used to help maintain a neutral charge on the hair’s surface, leaving it looking conditioned.
- Inbuilt diffuser- allows quick and easy styling.
- Tourmaline ionic technology helps to reduce frizz.
- Powerful 1875 watts
- 3-year warranty ensuring great performance.
- Not for those with long hair.
- A bit noisy.
This hair dryer with diffuser has 2 heat settings and a high and low speed setting so, you can have the freedom to dry and style your hair the way you want. There is also a Cool Shot button, which allows you to lock your hair in style.
The Xtava Pro hair dryer with diffuser runs at 1875 watts with a built-in cool shot button to maximize your hairstyle, boost shine, and reduce frizz. The secure silicone grips keep the diffuser safely attached to the blow dryer and prevent it from falling while you dry.
It is can be used for a variety of hair types; long, thick, curly, frizzy, or thin hair, adding volume and shine to your hair. According to reviewers, it gives voluminous and bouncy curls and can take even the unruliest hairs.
- Can be used for a variety of hair types.
- Silicone grips for more comfortable and secure grip
- Eliminates frizz.
- Quite bulky and not very travel-friendly.
This product has a beautiful rainbow design with an 1875 watt and ceramic technology which creates frizz-free curls and waves. The ion choice feature that produces Natural ions and helps maintain curls minus the frizz. Meaning, it gives you sleek curls and a variety of styling options guaranteed to turn heads.
Its 3 heat and 2-speed settings will help you find just the right temperature and airflow for your hair, and the true cold shot button lets you lock style in place. This diffuser is universal, so it will snap onto any hairdryer.
Most reviewers praised it for its amazing work on its long and thick curls although some found its buttons hard to use.
- lifts hair for faster drying.
- Ionic choice feature- helps to reduce frizz.
- Beautiful rainbow design
- Its buttons are a bit cumbersome to use.
What to Look Out for When Buying for a Hair Dryer with A Diffuser?
All diffusers are not the same so, before buying that hair diffuser, here are some important features you need to look out for which could help in selecting one that would be the best suit you:
Bowl size: Hair diffusers come in different forms. The bowl size is relevant to the amount of air that is distributed throughout the hair. Diffusers with large bowls are more needed for long or thick curly hair because, the air gets distributed through a wide bowl, helping to give definition to curls. On the other hand, smaller bowls might be more comfortable for those with shorter or thinner hair.
Spikes/fingers: These refer to the tips that protrude from the diffuser bowl. Different diffusers have different amounts of spikes. They help hold your hair in its place while diffusing the air from the blow dryer throughout the hair.
If you have short curly hair or fine curls, you would go for a diffuser with short prongs, which would provide the best result volume and texture-wise, rather than going for those with long prongs which best serves thicker and longer curls.
The diameter of the nozzle: Does the diffuser fit in the blow dryer you want to purchase? As overlooked as this question is, it is very important before purchasing hair diffusers. Although, there are universal diffusers out there that will fit almost any blow dryer; it is safer to measure the diameter of your blow dryer nozzle so that you will be able to purchase the correct diffuser for your blow dryer.
Wattage: Getting a hairdryer that has a good wattage for your hair texture, type and length are important. The higher the wattage, the hotter its maximum heat setting. Also, the more efficacious and faster it is in drying your hair. So, if your hair is fine, brittle or thin, go for a hair dryer with lower wattage. If it is really long or thick or very curly, going for a hair dryer with a higher wattage would be the way to go.
Durability: When looking for a diffuser, you might want to look for something that will withstand everyday use. It is best to find a diffuser that is heat resistant and can give you years of use.
Easy to use: This cannot be overemphasized. Is the diffuser that you are of buying easily attachable to your hairdryer? Getting one that is easy to assemble would reduce the hassle and time spent blow drying your hair.
The type of hair dryer: Selecting a blow dryer could be daunting, due to the presence of a wide variety, It is important to choose the one that best suits your hair type. For example, Ionic blow dryers are said to work best for curly, frizzy or wavy hair, while tourmaline and ceramic hair dryers are believed to be less damaging and more suitable for those with fine hair.
How to Use a Hair Dryer with a diffuser?
1. All luscious curls start in the shower. Shampooing hair, followed by using a conditioner to moisturize curls. Then, gently detangle conditioned hair with a wide-tooth comb to smoothen out knots without breaking delicate hair. Don’t comb out curls after they’ve started to dry: it can ruin their pattern and encourage frizz.
2. Wrap Your Hair. When you come out of the shower, don’t rub your hair with your towel because of breakage and frizz. Instead, just wrap your hair in either a soft cotton rag or microfiber towel and squeeze out the excess water.
3. Detangle. To avoid tangles it is better to brush with a boar brush or wooden brush before you wash it. However, if you still have knots, you can gently run your fingers through your hair to detangle before twirling curls. Combing your curls out will change the curl pattern and could increase its frizziness.
4. Moisturize. Apply a mousse or leave-in conditioner to hydrate notoriously dry curls and help them keep their shape as they dry. To give each curl your desired shape, twirl your damp hair around your finger, doing this will ensure that the curls hold their shape and look polished.
5. Afterward, apply a heat protectant to your hair. Then, lift a section of your hair into the diffuser. Turn your hairdryer on low because, too much heat can harm the curl, and too much airflow can make curls look frizzy. Don’t use any brushes or combs.
6. Diffuse your hair. Start by drying the ends of your hair and moving up toward the roots as you dry. You can also flip your head upside down to get more volume at the roots, and dry hard-to-reach spots at the back and center of your head. Continue using your diffuser all over your hair until it is about 80% dry.
7. Let it air dry to give that bouncy finish that looks hydrated. When you’re done styling, hands-off. The rule with curly hair is that the more you touch it, the worse it looks. You’ll need to develop the habit of letting your curls be.
What do I need To Know Before Using a Blow Dryer with a Diffuser?
This product is the best fit for those with curly hair. However, before you think of purchasing and using it, read the product instructions and do not use it in a wet environment like the bathtub, to avoid the risk of electrocution. Make sure your hair is damp and not soaking wet. Apply your heat protectant, then you are ready to go.
Going through the products revised above, we are most satisfied with the Panasonic EH-NA65-K Nanoe Dryer. Unlike other products, it has a wide range and can be used for various hair types from long hair to thick hair to curly hair. It works wonders and provides the much-needed end result of eliminating frizz. Moreover, it’s effective in maintaining your curl pattern, giving it a great shine with the perfect moisture while, also being thermally protective. This very durable product is one your future self would thank you for. However, this blow dryer model is a bit pricy, so if you’re looking for a more affordable option, then the Xtava Pro Hair Dryer with Diffuser might be a good option for you, as it is easy to use and effective in combating frizz, so it will make your hair look amazing and radiant.
What are you waiting for? Avoid the unnecessary hassle of trial and error in getting the best blow hair dryer with diffuser for curly hair. Make the right choice from the above hair blow dryers with diffuser, and go for the one that suits your hair perfectly. You definitely deserve the best!